Difference Between Cardboard And Corrugated Boxes
Posted March 7, 2023
Are you a printing company CEO, a vendor working in this sector, or someone looking to start such a setup? No matter what level of business you do in the printing and packaging sector, this article will help you. This article will explain all the pros and cons of cardboard and corrugated boxes.
Plus, you can find out which one you should use and also the future of these materials. Also, you can read which one of these will suit a certain product type. So, it will be a complete guide for you to learn between cardboard and corrugated packaging materials.
Corrugated vs Cardboard
When it comes to cardboard, it is a type of packaging material that is heavy and pulp-based. It comes in types of fibreboard, chipboard, and solid bleached sulfate. It is a type of thick and sturdy paper product in comparison to regular paper materials.
Corrugated paper is a type of material you make with three different layers. It has an outer surface and a fluted layer, which makes it stronger. Also, provides resistance against bending and crushing and offers cushioning properties.
The common uses of this material are for shipping boxes and packaging. On the other hand, cardboard is used for product packaging, crafting, and different types of boxes.
Pro Features of Corrugated Material
Your boxes need to deliver some basic features when it comes to packaging, so this way, you can make them perfect for something. When we compare cardboard with corrugated materials, there are some basic features you need to know, like:
- Durability is among the top pros you get with corrugated materials.
- Its strength also makes it perfect for heavier products without any heavy material. This means you do not have to make it heavier to get high protection.
- It is a material you can produce from recycled content, making it a great option for your packaging.
- When you use corrugated packaging, you save a lot of energy spent on new material production.
- Moreover, corrugated is a great material owing to its cost-effectiveness.
- Using this material multiple times is possible, making it better for the environment. Also, it does not need harmful dyes that other materials may be required during production.
- Your corrugated boxes also have amazing options in the customization range you can apply.
Now, you have some information about corrugated vs. cardboard materials. So, these pros make corrugated a perfect material for a huge range of products.
Cardboard Packaging Pros
You can use cardboard for your packaging, which can benefit your products. So, you can have these benefits that can be compared to corrugated materials:
- Cardboard is good for the environmental impact, which means it causes less carbon dioxide. So, you can compare the environmental benefits of cardboard and corrugated material.
- When you recycle this material, it stays durable, making it a better choice.
- Cardboard is better than corrugated when it is 100% biodegradable and recyclable.
- You get cardboard from a sustainable material that does not need too much space for storage.
- Moreover, you can store this material for the long term.
- Boxes made with this material are also easy to transport.
- Cardboard has less weight than corrugated material so you can carry lighter products.
You can use these benefits to get results for your products. So, now you have help to learn about corrugated cardboard vs. cardboard boxes.
Corrugated Packaging Products
There is a huge number of products that can use and benefit from corrugated material for packaging, like:
- Corrugated packaging is a great food material, allowing a hygienic environment for your products.
- Transporting heavy electronics can get great packaging made of corrugated materials.
- When it comes to fruit and vegetables, using corrugated materials can be a great option.
- Also, you can use it for crockery and glass products.
- If you have some gift that needs something strong to contain, you can try corrugated boxes.
- You can also use this material if you are in the automobile industry.
- Ecommerce is a major industry that uses corrugated boxes.
- Healthcare also uses this material to send and receive packages with proper protection.
- You can use corrugated material for storage of office supplies and similar products.
Now, we know that cardboard is quite different in the strength and sturdiness it provides, so it needs to work for that. The better features your product carries, the more useful the product will be for you. So, you can only have a product that ensures better results if the material is good enough.
This is why a large number of industries can use cardboard. Some of these sectors are:
- You can use cardboard for multiple types of food products. It works for all common food packages used for retail sales, which means it works in the retail industry.
- Moving boxes is a common type used extensively that comes from cardboard material. So, cardboard boxes can be handy next time you need to shift to a new place.
- A wide range of industries uses cardboard when transporting something lightweight. This fact makes it a common material for a host of products.
- You can use cardboard as gift bags, grocery or delivery bags.
- Sending and receiving posts in cardboard boxes is a common and reliable method.
Cons of Corrugated Boxes
Using corrugated boxes can be super beneficial, but still, there are some issues to remember. So, when you use corrugated boxes, you can have problems like:
- You cannot rely on corrugated paper to have the right appearance.
- When you cut corrugated material, you may not get amazing-looking products.
- Stacking one on top of another can be a problem, as carrying much weight may need to improve.
- There are better choices than corrugated boxes for long-term use.
- Moreover, corrugated boxes may not be able to help with any moisture conditions.
Cardboard Boxes Cons
Cardboard boxes can be a great material you can use for better results for your needs. So, you can use it for the disadvantages it has to offer, like:
- Regarding the use of cardboard, you can not use it for items that are too heavy.
- Moreover, you may have to produce cardboard continuously.
- When you use cardboard for packaging, you also need devices to pack it well.
- At the same time, using cardboard can be difficult as it would not work for every weather.
- Also, you may be unable to keep it in the right form when pressure is applied.
This information can help you learn about corrugated vs. noncorrugated differences.
Packaging Hub Can Give You The Right Products
Packaging Hub is your solution if you are looking for corrugated or packaging cardboard boxes. You can rely on us if you are looking to make your boxes look special. Our perfect service allows you to gain the benefits of different packaging materials and to get perfect packaging results.