Home » Blog » What Is Flexible Packaging – All You Need to Know
What Is Flexible Packaging – All You Need to Know
Posted March 3, 2023
Are you in the packaging industry and looking to make your mark using new technologies? The thing is, your packaging solutions can protect your brand from losing customers. At the same time, you can gain new ones, making your work more lucrative. So, this article will be about what flexible packaging is and how it makes a difference in the packaging industry.
Also, you can read about the types and pros, and cons of the flexible packaging industry.
What is Flexible Packaging?
The definition of flexible packaging is simple when looking for this type. So, any packaging product that changes its shape when you fill it is flexible packaging.
Types of Flexible Packaging
When it comes to flexible packaging, there are some common types you can find, like:
- Pouches are among the common types of flexible packaging in the industry.
- Also, you can consider foil packaging as a flexible material for packaging purposes.
- There is a wide range of films you can find on it.
- Using this kind of packaging also works in the food industry.
- Tubes are another product type that falls under it.
- Anti-fog material in packaging is used for vegetables and meat.
- Linear Low-density Polyethylene is used for toys, bags, covers, pouches, and many others.
These common packaging types you can find will help you with the results you get with these materials. So, the better you use flexible materials, the more impressive and quality flexible box packaging you can get.
Some Popular Flexible Packaging Materials
When it comes to creating flexible packaging, there are some common materials you can find. So, here are some materials you can find:
- Linear Low-density Polyethylene is a common type of material you can find for flexible packaging.
- Biaxially-oriented: Polyamide is another material that offers a barrier to smells and carries durability and strength.
- Anti-fog material is a common type you can use for your products. It is a helpful material as you can see the products when packed inside it.
- Low-density: Polythene is another material that offers flexibility alongside being lightweight.
- Specialty films are another type you can find.
- Bi-axially oriented: Polyethylene products are also amazing regarding great materials. It offers stiffness and helps reduce the chance of a product’s puncture.
These are some common popular materials in the flexible packaging solutions department.
Pros Of Flexible Packaging
There are several benefits you can have, like:
- Regarding convenience, flexible packaging is a great way to get that, which is why companies use it.
- At the same time, it takes less energy during production, making it a great product.
- It is also easy to carry and open.
- Experts know it as a sustainable type of packaging.
- You can do a huge amount of customization to this packaging type.
- It allows you to reduce the amount of material you use.
- Shipping flexible packaging is also easier.
- You can recycle this packaging, so you do not have to spend much on new production.
- Using this type of packaging also improves your product’s shelf life.
- At the same time, your overall cost reduces when you use this material, owing to less energy spending.
- Moreover, you can easily store and reseal it.
Now that we know what pros we have when we use flexible packaging. Next, we will talk about the most cons of flexible packaging. So, these are the pros of flexible packaging and printing.
Cons of Flexible Packaging
- When it comes to flexible packaging, it can be an issue to keep food products odorless with it.
- It may be a difficult type of material to recycle owing to the absence of plants that can work for it.
- Using this packaging, you should avoid packaging products in gaseous states.
- At the same time, there are some products for which rigid packaging would work.
- The materials would take hundreds of years to degrade in a landfill condition.
- This material can not help you against hits and bumps.
- At the same time, it may not offer great resistance to very high temperatures.
- You can use this packaging for pressurized products is not a possibility. So, your product packaging may get punctures and other issues in such conditions.
You can use flexible packaging manufacturing to ensure you get perfect results for your business.
Packaging Hub Takes Care of Your Needs
Packaging Hub helps improve companies, individuals, and small businesses get better sales for their products with impeccable packaging. So, we take care of every type of packaging to ensure we can add to your business. This is how we can help you get more sales and improve your results with flexible packaging solutions.