Mailer Box Vs Shipping Box – Facts Need to Know
Posted March 20, 2023
Things for online sales have become great since COVID hit for the first time. You may be any level of seller in the market, trying to make your work worth more money; you need to know your market. So, are you ready to understand why mailer boxes are so popular and their connection with shipping boxes?
The thing is, your boxes come in different types and sizes and with a range of features. Differentiating and knowing these two super popular types is necessary for any business person in this field. So, find out what they are and what special features they have for you.
Mailer Box vs Shipping Box
When it comes to the differences between a mailer box and a shipping box you can find multiple things to keep in mind.
- Such boxes are famous for being decorative, unlike shipping boxes.
- A mailer box is smaller, carries less weight, and is designed for ease of assembly.
- You can find them in various styles and customize them for your branding purposes.
- A shipping box is considered to be a more general term that you use for the transportation of products.
- These boxes come in various sizes and are made with corrugated cardboard quite often.
- Their use is quite common for larger items due to their sturdiness and strength.
- You can also find them to be plain quite commonly and offer more focus on protection and durability.
An Overview Of The Two?
Now, mailer boxes have their own special features that make them stand out for delivery purposes. They have all the specifications that allow them to be the best choice for delivery.
Some features of the two:
- They come from corrugated cardboard and allow impressive protection.
- Their customizability makes them stand out, with every element carrying the ability, unlike shipping boxes.
- You can make things lightweight and do not require a lot of space when sending and storing.
- Also, there is no need for any components on the outside, which can reduce the ease and add hype to costs. Their counterparts may not provide you with these features.
- Selling them is easier as they are a great eco-friendly solution, a fact that people love so much.
- Social media unboxing experiences with the beauty of mailer-type carry are better than the others.
- Shipping boxes work for bigger needs without being very presentable for your customers. Also, their versatility makes them stand out, as they can perfect any need.
- They are the in-thing and do not need much cost for production.
The Technical Differences
When it comes to the main and concrete technical differences between the two, you can find the following:
- Shipping boxes normally have 3, 5, or 7 layers. On the other hand, their counterparts have 2 or 3 layers of corrugated cardboard.
- Mailer packaging is normally smaller and does not contain a large outside to print much. Also, they can carry offset, digital, or screen printing, and at the same time, their finishing choices are vaster.
Key Differences; Mailer Boxes And Shipping Boxes
Shipping boxes are another common type that provides a lot of ease during assembly. This reason is among the ones that allow them to be different from others. Some other reasons make them different than mailer type:
- The material we use for mailers is different than the shipping types.
- At the same time, the shipping type would not be a good choice for eco-friendliness, unlike mailer boxes.
- On the contrary, shipping boxes use fewer materials like glue and paper.
- Using mailer boxes for quicker fulfillment needs is easier compared to their counterparts.
- The shipping type also allows better presentability for social media posts. Also, they offer versatility in the range they can deliver.
- Mailer boxes are more cost-effective than them.
- Shipping types are perfect for heavier products.
- Mailers are more presentable as compared to shipping boxes. They also work to send gifts that make them special for this particular need.
How To Choose Between Mailer Boxes vs Shipping Boxes?
There are differences between the two; which one you should choose depends on what you want to get out of them. So, here is what you should consider:
- You must try mailer boxes if you want ease of use, and the shipping box choice works better for the versatility factor.
- If your business needs to send more products as consignments, mailer boxes may not work.
- At the same time, you can only choose the type of packaging you want by being sure if it will work for your needs.
- The shipping boxes mostly do not work well under the common reusability criteria.
- Mailer type works to give a more easy to carry and use.
- Like other benefits of mailers mentioned earlier, using them for lightweight products can help you. While shipping boxes would work for bigger and more bulky consignments, and they mostly have the same sizes.
These considerations mark all the points you need to carry in making a decision. So, be sure you use the one that goes with your needs to perfect your decision when using either. So, now you know what a mailer box and a shipping box are and which one to choose and why. You can be in the position to make a decision that can be the direction of your packaging results.
We Take Care Of Every Packaging Box Need
Packaging Hub is a complete solution that provides perfection to every packaging company looking for cost-effective results. We take care of the needs of companies looking to make their work easy in this field. Deciding what you should use between mailers and shipping boxes is crucial if you want a solution. So, this blog can help you determine what will work best for you and what criteria you need to consider.