RSC Boxes Vs Die Cut Boxes – Pros And Cons
Posted November 8, 2023
Are you a pro packaging professional looking to improve your results with better box types? Or someone who wants to improve their business packaging with something new. You may even be a great business person looking to reach out to a provider for the best choices. No matter who you are, you have many boxes that can enhance your results.
Regular slotted container boxes or RSC are a great choice to adopt. So, we have a range of reasons to use them and where they stand compared to die-cut boxes. A must-read if you want to improve the results you get with your packaging boxes.
What Are RSC boxes?
Before we start, you need to understand what RSC or regular slotted containers are. So, here is what you need to know about these incredible products:
- They are among the common types of packaging boxes you can find and have flaps.
- You can get them with wavy patterns that improve the strength of these boxes.
- Using them can work for storing products and also for transportation needs.
- Also, they offer you cost-effective solutions, and you get amazing versatility.
- They even work when you stack them on each other during storage.
Pros of RSC Boxes
These boxes offer a range of pros, so we will discuss the best ones you need to know.
When it comes to the sizes you can get with them, you have a big range. At the same time, you can have different sizes of compartments to accommodate your products. Also, they can carry a big range of products you may love to have; you can get different industries in these, plus:
- You can customize them according to your needs, improving customer experience.
- Try them out as outer boxes or use them with inserts, bags, and other similar things.
- Using them would work for retail, manufacturing, e-commerce, electronics, and pharmaceutical industries.
- At the same time, you can reuse them according to your needs to get better results.
These pros make it a great choice for multiple industries, and you would surely love them for that.
This factor is a big one for every kind of buyer and would also be a concern for you. So, here are some points you need to keep in mind for why you may prefer these:
- These boxes come from corrugated materials, making them less expensive than many counterparts.
- Their production with efficient methods makes them a good choice to get a bigger number quicker.
- Using them would also reduce transportation costs, owing to their lightweight.
- You can use them for efficient packaging, which improves the performance you get from them.
- Their strength improves your protection with these, helping you get better results. Your boxes will be damaged less with a smaller chance of this issue, which makes it more cost-effective.
Now, if you can stack your boxes, your half the storage issue is resolved. You can stack these boxes in a way that you can store them without much damage. This factor makes them great for storage which you would love to have.
With this stackability, you can manage things more easily and better in your warehouse. Also, this makes them easy to transport, as you do not have to worry about them falling during this process.
Versatility In Protective Methods
Now, the RSC boxes have multiple ways to improve the results you get for protection. For instance:
- Their structure allows you to make things shock-absorbing. They have fluted layers, allowing you to avoid huge damage to your products.
- Also, you can try using void fillers to enhance the results you can get the protection level you get with them.
- Packaging foams and bubble wraps work with them, further enhancing your protection.
- At the same time, you can add inserts to make your product super-protected and avoid any issues.
- Their features would also allow you to get results for fragile products.
When it comes to easy assembly of your boxes, you can rely on these for that like:
- They have a simple structure that allows you to get quick assembly.
- Also, you can easily assemble them without any equipment required.
- At the same time, you can use them for better sealing options with tapes.
RSC Boxes Vs. Die Cut Boxes
There is a huge difference between the two, with both having pros and cons. For instance, you can:
- You can get more unique designs and styles in shapes with die-cut boxes.
- On the other hand, their assembly may be more difficult due to extra slots, tabs, and other such parts.
- RSC boxes may not be customizable on the same level as die cuts.
- The material and design of die cuts would determine their strength. But on the other hand, RSC boxes are built with good strength.
- These also have better cost-effectiveness in comparison to die cuts.
What is the main difference between RSC and die-cut boxes?
Here are some differences:
- Die cuts have the potential for the uniqueness of shapes.
- RSCs have better strength and protection levels.
- RSCs also offer more cost-effective solutions.
- Die-cut boxes are also difficult to assemble.
Can you get unique shapes from regular slotted boxes like die cut type?
Although they may not be as efficient as die-cut types, you may have things like:
- Score lines
- Window cutouts
- Modified flap shapes
Which of the two boxes is more common in the packaging industry?
When we compare the two, you can easily find RCS in the packaging industry. The reasons behind these are their features, like less cost, versatility, ease of assembly, and sturdiness.
Which one of these two would work better for fragile products?
You can use die cuts to get the best protection for such products. It allows you to get the shapes and dimensions that help you get the best snug places for such products. Also, you can try padding and inserts with less empty space, making them a better choice.
Which type of boxes is more environmentally friendly out of the two?
The answer to this question depends on multiple factors, like the materials used for production and its method. But die-cuts can be a better choice with less material waste during production. Still, RCS boxes have many pros that die cuts do not offer.
Packaging Solutions with one click
We have the best range you can get if you need creativity, protection, customization, and perfection in your packaging. Making things perfect in the packaging department is your way to better operations and improved sales. So, what are you waiting for? Order now; your boxes need to make a lasting impression, so why miss on that!?