Home » Blog » Types Of Packaging Foam Inserts – Uses, Features and Materials
Types Of Packaging Foam Inserts – Uses, Features and Materials
Posted April 12, 2023
Your packaging gets special when you deliver with protection, and your customers receive things in real form. So, making things super productive is getting more and more famous. The thing is, brands need to perform super well in the customer experience department. Without success in an experience you deliver, there is no way you could go viral on social media (not positively, at least).
So, foam in packaging is a way to avoid physical damage, helping avoid hits of environmental factors and more. But knowing its benefits, features, types, and materials can take you to the next level. Whether you are an entrepreneur, a vendor, or an ecommerce retailer, you need to know how it can save your skin. So, let’s start this journey of knowing it well.
What is Foam Packaging?
Foam packaging is a method of using and shipping products with this material. Its use allows your products to stay safe and avoid any issues from environmental factors.
Here are some other features that offer its users impressive results:
- It is soft, which allows avoiding any scratches to your products.
- Using it also improves the quality of the look you have.
- This material has been used for various needs, making it perfect for various industries.
- The material is recyclable, which makes it great for use.
- Its light weight allows you to avoid costs spent on heavier parcels and boxes.
- Also, it protects electronic devices with its anti-static current, which can worsen things.
- It is easy to use in any dimension and size.
- Foam material allows fragile products to stay safe and work as packaging foam inserts to keep them in their place.
- At the same time, it allows moisture resistance.
These features or benefits are enough to allure any professional into using them. And the reality is using this packaging material is a common thing to an extensive level. It is a growing way to pack things with much to offer.
Materials Used For Foams
Foam materials have their features and types, so here are some of them you can use:
Foam Wrap Rolls
Here are some features of foam wrap rolls for packaging:
- It is one of the materials that offer anti-static features. So, you can use it without any danger of static current ruining a product.
- At the same time, it protects your product’s edges.
- Also, it is a type of metalized packaging.
- Moreover, it can cover the whole product with its shaping quality.
- You can use it multiple times and easily cut it with a cuter.
Polystyrene As Foam
Polystyrene is among the best foam types that allow a multitude of benefits, like:
- It has great insulation properties.
- At the same time, it can help you with water resistance during packaging.
- Polystyrene is among the materials that offer an aesthetically appealing outlook for customers.
- Its use allows you to protect your products against pathogen attacks.
- Using it allows you a lightweight solution and is also easy to stack for storage.
Another foam type that offers impressive protection and also carries adaptability. Also, it is among the materials famous for durability and lightweight. Its rigidity provides amazing results and offers great flexibility at the same time. When it comes to recyclability, it offers that feature as well.
Here are some benefits of polyurethane you can get when packed with it:
- It is among the materials that have an amazing ability to carry weight.
- At the same time, it offers resistance against oil, water, and grease.
- Moreover, it has the ability of great benefits in harsh environments.
- It offers a range of colors you can use for your packaging.
- You can use it to avoid breakage in the form of tearing.
These benefits can help improve your packaging results. The better you can pack your product, the better chance of a positive experience you can deliver.
Use of Foam Packaging Materials?
Foam packaging uses can astonish any professional in the field. So, here are some you would surely love:
- It offers an amazing professional feel and a sense of branded product for whatever you offer in the delivery.
- Using it for food products also does not cause many issues as it can handle that well too. It does not cause any odor to whatever you deliver, making it perfect for such products.
- The use of foams for packaging also allows insulation against vibrations.
- You can use it as an insert, protecting your products from bumps and dislocating. This way, you can avoid any damage that would occur without inserts.
- It works for products that can have an issue due to static current.
- It can protect you from issues like static shocks as well.
- Some common products from this material are planks, crosslinks, and double skived. These products work for goods like electronics with cushioning alongside help for automotive tools.
Some Harmful Affects Of Packaging Foam Types
This one may only attract some professionals in the packaging industry, but brand owners and entrepreneurs may like these facts. So, here are some things which make a difference during material selection for you:
- EPF, one of these materials, comes from natural gas or petroleum.
- Using chlorofluorocarbons for their production is another thing you should know.
- Some of its chemicals also come from coal.
- This chemical in it has become one of the issues people raise about it. So, it is a harmful factor in this material against ozone.
- So, is packaging foam recyclable? The answer is it is not recyclable.
These facts make it less preferable with all of these applications and the benefits it provides. So, it is up to you if you want this material.
Packaging Hub Makes Your Work Easy!
We take care of every product you need in the packaging department. Our solutions ensure your promotions are special and effective. Order now, and you can get a result you will never regret.