Home » Blog » 40+ Small Business Packaging Ideas to Boost Sales
40+ Small Business Packaging Ideas to Boost Sales
Posted March 10, 2023
Are you ready to make your sales go off the chart with kick-ass packaging ideas? So, the thing is, you do not need to be a big business to do creative things; you have to pay attention. But, once you understand you need creativity, you can nail it with the best custom packaging ideas for small businesses. This blog is here to do just that for your business.
We will cover all the top designs your business can use, the best box types, and their features. On top of that, you can learn which boxes fall under your business model and how you can nail the game.
What is Special About Small Business Boxes?
Businesses have big problems, and keeping things in shape can be difficult. So, how do they differ from other types of boxes? Well, here are some key differentiators:
- Small businesses have to have designs that cost less. You should not compromise on your tight budget and must stay within it.
- When you add special embellishments, your ideas can be a real deal for your customers. It can be a gift box that you can make extra special with the beauty they carry.
- You need to sell big by offering eco-friendly solutions. People care about sustainable packages even when you run a small business.
- What kind of box you need also depends on your brand type.
- Also, you can add something that helps your business identity or the business they represent.
- A small business needs a lot of work in the branding department. So, you can use logos and other branding elements to improve that.
These small business package ideas can improve your promotion and branding results.
Creative And Unique Designs
There are multiple options when it comes to boxes for businesses. Here are some you can definitely add:
- You can make your boxes look like bags.
- Also, you can use square-shaped mailer boxes. Such designs look clean and attractive when you add the least color.
- Try adding some extra pieces of embellishments, like ribbons and strings.
- Using new and unique big text with impressive typography will definitely pay off.
- Also, you can try vibrant colors with a gift wrap style.
- Try adding new and unique add-ons, like debossing and embossing, plus others.
- Plain white or black colors can look super-elegant which improves your results.
Using a lid and box can be unique when it allows.
The Latest Trends
Your needs to be more catchy and unique to make the users more interested. So, here are some trendy designs you can try:
- Adding a package to your box with clear typography and fillers can make a great impact. The fillers should be colorful if you want something special.
- Minimalistic designs and doodle art can also make your boxes special.
- Another design beauty would be to use of stylistic text fonts.
- Using stickers can also make things more funky and impressive.
- Adding seals and stamps can make your boxes even more special, so try them out.
These box types can perfect your brand identity by adding something new and unique. So, a small business can use them for multiple reasons, like the beauty they carry and more.
Some More Kick Ass Designs
Now, a brand can perfectly be super impressive when you add personalization or branding to boxes. Also, it works for wraps you use for your brand, so here are some solutions you need to remember:
- You can add branding to your packages by using branded wraps to it.
- A new trend is to use illustrations for your boxes.
- Also, add a garment that carries a vintage image you can use.
- Using inserts in your boxes can impressively help get them a special feel.
- Packaging with a pocket part where you can put a “thank you” note or something else can also be impressive.
- Apart from illustrations, adding colors with painting to boxes can also make things special.
- Using festive holiday designs in your boxes can also make your customers feel special.
- At the same time, adding a personal touch to your packaging can perfect things.
- Try adding an unwrapping experience for your customers to add a special feel for them.
- Using a certain color can also help you build branding and voice. So, please choose your color carefully and stick with it forever.
- Add a new and unique shape to perfect your boxes.
Boxes That Stand Out!
Some more design ideas can perfect your brand, so try these out:
- You can try using boxes that are eco-friendly and you can prepare them yourself. These can be made of garments and carry a neat feel.
- Try using kraft paper with some embellishments that look simple yet impressive.
- A smaller, less-covering product package that looks like a brand can also add a special feel.
- Try adding a special vibe when you use instructions in the form of tags. Add a note to your box that can also match its color.
- You can try to add the same flare and design to your packaging, just like your box.
- Adding your patterns to the whole box can make things special for you.
- Avoiding colors and making them clear to see can also be impressive.
- You can add different parts to the packaging. So, they can carry a box, then a wrap-paper, and much more.
Patterns, Illustrations And Beyond
Patterns can help improve your packaging and help make a unique feel come true for you. So, here are some patterns and illustration designs you can surely get results from:
- You can match your product with the patterns you use for its boxes. Things like the flavor color of the product can match the pattern colors.
- Special designs with patterns that have textures can improve the message power. Try out patterns that depict what is inside and still look unique.
- Try out the patterns that depict what is inside.
- Also, add a story your customers may be interested in.
- You can add a special feel to your product by adding something impressive inside it. Your boxes can impress when they carry things like matching color insides. Try to be creative and try different ideas out.
- Your paper wraps can also have patterns to make your packaging great.
- Also, you can add wraps that look like the ones you would use for presents.
Top Color Options
Colors can change how your boxes look and the impression your products can carry. So, you add the perfect feel for your customer with a special color. Here are some hues you can try:
- You can use earthly green color for your box to show your product’s decency and soberness.
- Try using a contrast between the outside and the inside of it.
- Funky colors like pink with a clear, typographically beautiful piece of text can also do a great job.
- Try cream color with a contrasting and more deep color.
- Trying crayon colors in your boxes can also perfect things up.
- Using jet black with an earthly outside color can also do a great job.
- Using different patterns in rich colors and contrast can also perfect the outer side of your box.
- You can be bold with light hues all over the box in paint-like patterns that emerge without tight boundaries.
- Also, you can try vintage colors that improve your product impressions.
- Try using creamy-color patterns to make things elegant and impressive.
- Super-bright colors can be great as well.
Try Unique Shapes
When using a certain shape for your boxes, there is no limit on what you can do. So, try out any that may suit your brand and its voice. These practices can work for primary and secondary packaging. Here are some shape ideas with super creativity:
- Add multiple sections inside your box for the different products you pack.
- Also, add sections that open like a cupboard to the sides or horizontally. Such boxes would definitely look super special and high-end.
- You can have a great result by capturing the customers’ emotions. Different shapes would work for men and women.
- Try using geometrical shapes to make your products look perfect.
- Adding a lot of text to your box logo may not be a shape thing, but it can improve the whole product’s look.
- If you want to nail it with a packaging shape, create a unique box design. Such shapes can perfect things up with shapes that create an out-of-the-world unboxing experience.
- Your boxes with a less explicit feel can make a special impression. You can add shapes that look perfectly impressive.
- Boxes can be unique when you add a special look to what it is made from. For instance, a banana juice box can carry the shape of a banana and much more.
- You can also use a more impressive shape in the secondary and primary packaging. For instance, a caterpillar-like packaging for a kid’s candy box would nail it.
- Also, your uniqueness improves when you add your product to a box that looks like a print. For instance, a tea bag inside the box looks like a teacup, making your tea bag visual inside the cup.
Special shapes can give you cute packaging ideas for small businesses.
Creativity With Add-Ons
There is a huge number of add-ons that can make your boxes great. Embossing and extra bold debossing can be a great way to go. So, perfect it with visually clear and embossed text that can help you recognize the word with your eyes closed. Some others may include:
- You can present your product well by adding a window to your box.
- At the same time, you can make the whole box clear to demonstrate your product.
- Adding packaging that covers some parts of the product and still shows the remaining is a great idea. Such packaging does not need to be high-cost but still looks impressive.
Now, these creative ideas can help you with any kind of packaging, including food packaging for a small business.
Packaging Hub Cares About Your Box Uniqueness
We care for our client’s brands by keeping things impressive for big and small business packaging solutions. Your boxes will be super-impressive, with every unique element kept in mind. Our solutions can help improve your results for any product you want to pack inside. So, order now, and your boxes will make things pivot.